The RPLIDAR A2M8 360° Laser Range Scanner from Slamtec is a Lidar device that is able to scan an environment and provides a 2D point cloud of all the objects that it sees.
- Range: 0.15 – 12m
- Distance Accuracy: ~1%
- Angular Resolution: ~0.9°
- Measurement Frequency: 2000-8000Hz
- Scan Frequency: 5-15 revolutions per second
- 360° range
How To Use It?
The A2M8 connects to your computer using a USB cable. The device requires a lot more current than your USB port would normally be able to provide. Therefore, it also comes with an additional power supply that you need connect to a wall outlet.
Download and Install the SDK
- TouchDesigner CPlusPlus Plugin (Release)
- The scourse code: https://github.com/thepelkus-too/SlamtecLidarTDCPPCHOP