We will continue with the robot next week.
These are some additional tutorials on the Nano 33 IoT, using NeoPixels and using transistors. Go through them if you feel like you missed something.
#1 Prepare the Arduino Nano 33 IoT
Getting started page: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/NANO33IoT
#2 How to Use NeoPixels
You don’t have the parts to do this, so this is more of an introduction to using NeoPixels. No need to actually do anything besides watching the video.
How To Use a Transistor
You don’t have the parts to do this, so this is more of an introduction to using transistors. No need to actually do anything besides watching the video.
For next week, I would like you to create the first idea/proposal for your final project. See the guidelines.
Create a project proposal for your final project. Think of this as a constantly evolving document. This is the first version.
- Some short thoughts on what you would like to explore and work with
- Some references (artworks/projects that are similar to what you would like to do)
- Initial list of parts and components you think you will need
- Possibly sketches
- Possibly some experiments you already have made
- Also mark down on this document which chapter of the book you read. (see below)
How to submit this:
- Create some sort of document that I can comment on
- Google Doc
- Miro Board
- Aalto Sharepoint Document
- PDF file
- Submit it to MyCourses
- Make sure you give me commenting rights (for Google stuff, use matti.niinimaki (at) gmail.com)
Please send me the first version latest on Wednesday, November 24 at 11:00
Readings & supporting material
To help you with thinking about what you are doing:
Pdf, Issuu and ePub available from: https://networkcultures.org/blog/publication/the-critical-makers-reader-unlearning-technology/
- Pages 7 to 28 (Introduction, Critical Making and Interdisciplinary Learning)
- One chapter of your choice. Browse through the other chapters and select one that is the most interesting to you.