Simple movements can make objects seem very alive.
Or you can also start building scary military robots.
Artists working with robotics, Mechanics and Kinetic sculptures
- Niklas Roy – Berlin-based artist working a lot with mechanical devices
- Teija ja Pekka Isorättyä – Finnish artist couple working with robotic installations
- Tommi Grönlund & Petteri Nisunen – Finnish artists working with kinetic sculptures
- Tim Hunkin – A engineer/artist who builds weird and elaborate machines. Also worked on making the Secret Life of Machines animation
- Jeppe Hein – Very minimalistic installations using kinetic elements
- ART+COM – A German design studio that specializes in creating big kinetic sculptures
- Ben Hopson – An industrial designer who has a lot of very interesting Kinetic Sketches on his website. Also this article might be of interest to you.
- Theo Jansen – Amazing wind-powered artificial creatures
- Jie Qi – Some interesting projects using muscle wire, paper electronics
- Eunyoung Park – From Aalto Media Lab, her thesis project was LINKKI
- How to Move Things With the Arduino
- H-Bridge (L293D)
- Stepper Motor Controller
- Eunyoung Park: Design with Movement